For Shoprider Healthcare, Inc. products
distribution center is at:
Shoprider prides itself on having one of the most comprehensive warranty policies in the industry. Please take a moment to review the warranty policy.
Shoprider Healthcare, Inc. ("distributor") warrants its electric scooters and power chairs ( "products") against certain defects in materials and workmanship from the date of purchase, subject to certain conditions and exclusions, as defined below:
1. Structural frame components including platform, fork, seat post, and frame welds are warranted for 3 years, to the original owner.
2. To present a claim, Customer shall deliver the defective part for exchange to an authorized Shoprider dealer.
3. This warranty is for the replacement or repair, at the option of Shoprider, of defective parts only and does not cover any labor charges including, but not limited to, charges incurred for installation of replacement parts or additional fees which may be imposed by the dealer or service agent.
4. All warranty replacement parts are under warranty from the date of purchase of the original "product" and not from the date of replacement.
5. The warranty covers the drive train (including the transaxle, motor and brake) in the following way:
6. This limited warranty is valid and enforceable only on " products" purchased in the United States and from an authorized Shoprider dealer.
7. This warranty is applicable only to the customer as an original purchaser of the "product" from an authorized Shoprider dealer and shall not apply to any subsequent purchaser, assignee or other recipient of the scooter or power chair from customer.
8. No dealer or other similar person has any authority to make any warranties or representations concerning Shoprider Healthcare, Inc. products, or to extend this warranty beyond the express terms contained within. Distributor assumes no responsibility for any warranties beyond the express terms contained in the warranty. Customer releases and holds distributor harmless from any claims stemming from any unauthorized representations.
9. This warranty shall be void if the Customer modifies the "product" in any respect including but not limited to the use of parts other than genuine Shoprider parts.
10. This warranty does not apply unless the Registration Card is signed, completed and returned within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase. Manufacturer reserves the right to dispose of the Registration Card once it is received.
11. Warranty exceptions: A.Transaxle: In cases where there is an increase in the operational noise level the warranty will not apply. B. Motor: If damage occurs to commutator of motor as a result of not replacing motor brushes after heavy wear to brushes. Motor brushes are wear items and will be warranted for one year. C. Brake: Brake pads are a wear item and will be warranted for one year. D. Maintenance: Annual maintenance schedule must be followed.
12. This warranty does not cover batteries or damage caused by battery leakage. Warranty is covered by the battery manufacturer. The battery charger is only covered for a period of one year from the date of purchase of unit.
13. This warranty does not cover controllers. Warranty is covered by the controller manufacturer.
14. This warranty does not cover plastic shrouding or covers, seat upholstery, arm pads as these components are considered wear items.
15. All transportation costs and shipping damage incurred while submitting parts for repair or replacement are the responsibility of the original purchaser.
16. This warranty does not apply to any injury, loss, defect or malfunction of the "product" or failure to function resulting from any failure to operate or maintain "product" in accordance with the directions contained in the owners manual provided by Shoprider; or any injury, loss, damage, defect or malfunction, or failure to function resulting from any accident, acts of God, alterations in the "product" by anyone other than the distributor, or misuse, unreasonable use, tampering, abuse, acts, omissions, failure or negligence by anyone other than manufacturer.
17. Any implied warranty imposed by state consumer law is limited.
18. Customer represents and agrees that any claims which it may assert against Distributor shall be limited to those which may be asserted under the foregoing warranty.
19. This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. The Customer irrevocably consents that any legal action or proceeding arising out of or in any way connected with the Guaranty shall be instituted or brought by the Creditor or its agents in the courts of Broward County, Florida; and the Guarantor irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction and venue of that court in any legal action or proceeding.
20. Distributor makes no warranty, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Distributor expressly disclaims all warranties.
21. Your exclusive remedy and Distributor's entire, collective liability in contract, tort or otherwise, under this Agreement is the repair of the defective system or components in accordance with this Agreement. If Distributor is unable to make such a repair, your exclusive remedy and Distributor's entire liability will be the payment of actual damages not to exceed the charge paid by you. Under no circumstances will the Distributor be liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages. This agreement gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights that vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of (i) incidental or consequential damages or (ii) implied warranties, so the abiove exclusions may not apply.
22. No dealer of Distributor and no person other than an officer of Distributor may extend this warranty, nor may they modify it in any respect. No modification or extension is effective unless it is in writing and signed by the President or Vice-President of the Distributor.
This information is subject to change periodically and without notice, at the discretion of the Distributor (Shoprider Healthcare, Inc.). Please consult the warrantee paperwork that came with your equipment for applicable warranty information. The information on this page was verified in effect as of 9/2001, and was re-typed from the distributor's written warrantee. Customer understands the the warrantee is provided directly by Shoprider Healthcare, Inc. (Distributor), and outlined above, and not by Discount Scooters(dealer). Discount Scooters has provided the information on this page as a courtesy, and is not responsible for changes made by Distributor or for any typographical errors.